The station at Bishop’s Castle was the headquarters of the Bishop’s Castle Railway Company, consisting of office and waiting rooms, loco shed, carriage shed, large brick goods shed, weighbridge, two large loading cranes, cattle pens and goods platform.
This would have been the junction of the proposed extension to Montgomery if that had proceeded; the locomotive had to run around the train to proceed to Craven Arms. The station had a wooden office and waiting room and a small goods shed.
The third station on the line to Craven Arms, consisting of a bungalow type station house, with waiting shelter attached, one goods siding, and the first level crossing on the line. It was the scene of the great flood of 1886
The most imposing station house and offices on the line. Built with the aid of the Plowden family, it had one large loading crane on the goods side of the line.
Another Eaton type Station, with a goods siding and, at one time, a weighbridge. The second level crossing on the line was situated here. The station layout was unusual in that the platform was on the other side of the track, with the original ticket hut located at the far end.
STRETFORD BRIDGE HALT
Stretford Bridge could hardly be called a station. It consisted of an earthen platform, held in place by old sleepers and at one time there was a white picket fence at the rear of the platform. It was the junction point of the Bishop’s Castle Railway with the main Shrewsbury – Hereford line.
This was the terminus of the Bishop’s Castle Railway. After pulling into the main down platform, the locomotive would place its train into the bay that it shared with the Wenlock Railway.